Abercrombie and Fitch Product Review Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Abercrombie & Fitch (“A&F”) Review Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least fourteen (14) years old at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees, officers and representatives of Abercrombie & Fitch Stores, Inc., their parent and affiliate companies are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Abercrombie & Fitch Stores, Inc., 6301 Fitch Path, New Albany, OH 43054, U.S.A.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins at 8:00a.m. EST January 22, 2017 and ends 7:59a.m. ET April 2, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”) and consists of five (5) game periods (each a “Game Period”) as outlined in the chart below:
|Game Period||Start Date
(at 08:00 a.m. ET)
(at 7:59 a.m. ET)
|1||22 January 2017||5 February 2017||7 February 2017|
|2||5 February 2017||19 February 2017||21 February 2017|
|3||19 February 2017||5 March 2017||7 March 2017|
|4||5 March 2017||19 March 2017||21 March 2017|
|5||19 March 2017||2 April 2017||4 April 2017|
Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How To Enter: Visit www.abercrombie.com during the Sweepstakes and write a valid review for at least one piece of merchandise on the website (“Entry”). A review will be “valid” if (1) it contains the phrase “@ANFReviewSweepstakes”, (2) it is relevant to the product it is submitted for, and (3) it does not contain any profanity or competitor references. Note, the review must contain “@ANFReviewSweepstakes” to be valid. It is free to write a review. You are not required to purchase a product before submitting a review. For each Entry you post, you will receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes. If you are a potential winner, after the close of the Sweepstakes you will receive an email that will contain detailed prize claim instructions. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded.
Entrants may post multiple Entries during the Sweepstakes. If a potential winner cannot be contacted through the email address provided in the review submission process, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, or invalid Entries, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to post the Entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" of an email address, is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. ALL POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRIES ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF A RETURN MESSAGE SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY, IS VOID, AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
6. Sweepstakes Prize Selection and Verification of Potential Winners:Receiving the prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The potential winner will be contacted via the email address used for the Entry with instructions on claiming the prize. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to provide profile or any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner for the applicable prize by random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries. There will be one (1) alternate drawing, after which the prize will remain unawarded.
7. Prizes: Odds of winning a prize will vary based on the number of entries in the Sweepstakes. At the close of each Game Period, one (1) winner will be chosen by a random drawing of all eligible entries received during that Game Period. There will be a total of five (5) winners. Each winner will receive one (1) A&F. E-Gift Card for one hundred ($100) dollars (USD $100.00). The E-Gift Card will be delivered directly to the verified winners’ email address. A&F. E-Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only in the US or Canada either online or in stores. E-Gift Card cannot be redeemed for cash unless required by applicable law. It cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Purchases in a currency different from the currency of the card will be subject to an exchange rate conversion on the day of payment. For terms and conditions visit the E-Gift Card page on www.Abercrombie.com and click on details. For balance inquiry visit www.Abercrombie.com/balance or call 1-866-632-8906.
No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value, but any substitution is not guaranteed and is at Sponsor’s sole discretion on whether to perform any such substitution. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prizes will be awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor. TOTAL ARV OF ALL FIVE (5) PRIZES: five hundred dollars (USD $500.00).
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner's, or winner’s parent/guardian if the winner is under the age of majority in their jurisdiction, consent to Sponsor's and its agents’ use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, persona, voice, opinions, biographical information, online review, hometown and state/province for promotional purposes related to the Sweepstakes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Posting Guidelines Failure to comply with the following Guidelines will cause your Post, which could include photographs, videos, comments or other material to be rejected and pulled from the ANF e-commerce website and may result in you being permanently banned from posting on A&F pages on social media. The following Posts and subject matter will be rejected and result in immediate disqualification from posting product reviews on the A&F e-commerce website site: Personal Attacks: Disrespecting, insulting or personally attacking other Users or Posts will not be permitted. Behavior and comments that may result in others feeling threatened or specifically targeted or abused will not be permitted. Discrimination: Discrimination or prejudice based upon race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, and any other status protected by law, will not be tolerated. Any prejudicial statements, behaviors, comments or remarks will cause the Post to be immediately disqualified and removed. Pornographic Material: Pornographic material and/or references to it are not permitted in Posts and Posts containing such will be removed. Violence: Any Post or statement inciting or directly referring to violence, past violence or the threat of violence is prohibited and will be removed. Hatred: Constructive debate is permitted, but hatred towards any User or specific categories of Users will not be tolerated. Libelous Statements: Libel of any kind is not permitted. Libel is a statement or comment about a person or organization that cannot be proved to be true and may be considered damaging to their reputation and/or interests. SPAM: Any Post or statement that disrupts the normal flow of chat is not permitted. Examples: garbled or nonsense sentences, duplication of words and numbers. Users may not use the community in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise). Also, Posting under multiple nicknames is not allowed. Slang or References to Upsetting/Distressing Subjects: Slang referring to upsetting or distressing subjects, in A&Fs sole discretion, will not be permitted and will be immediately removed. Such references include drug use, sexual acts of an indecent nature (and anything considered to be explicitly sexual in nature), references to religion, political beliefs or anything deemed to distress Users or the parents or guardians of Users or anything deemed to be socially unacceptable. Criminal or Immoral Activity: Any mention of or reference to criminal or immoral activity will not be permitted, including drugs, prostitution, fraud, stalking, extortion and terrorism. Unauthorized Content: The content you submit to A&F Pages will not contain any trademarked or copyrighted material or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the owner of such material or you are otherwise licensed to Post the material and to grant A&F all relevant licenses and permissions to use the material as contemplated herein.
11. Release: By entering this Sweepstakes or taking receipt of any prize, entrants and/or winners, or their parent/guardian if under the age of majority in their jurisdiction, agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation to personal injury, death, and/or damage to or loss of property, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
12. Limitations of Liability The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in cellular networks, phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any Sweepstakes or prize related activity. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to increase both the number of winners and prizes awarded at any time. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible entries.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant, or entrant’s parent/guardian if entrant is under the age of majority in their jurisdiction, agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court in Franklin County, Columbus, Ohio; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio.
14. Winner List: For a winner list, visit www.abercrombie.com/anf/media/legalText/AFContestsWinnersList.html. The winner list will be posted after the winner confirmation is complete.